What is a software video tutorial?
“How to create a table of contents” – Evernote Corp.
- Branding – you want this to be the authoritative source of support
- Clearly marked subject with an introduction
- High quality HD 1080p video – so it’s easy to see all the detail in menus and read all the text
- Clear audio quality and pronunciation with consistent diction and terminology
- Minimal technical language
- The right pacing – not too fast so it is hard to follow, and not too slow so it becomes boring
- Covers both platforms in one video (this is thanks to Evernote having a pretty much mirrored feature set on Windows and Mac) – but you could produce separate videos too (don’t only favour one!)
- URLs at the end of the video to more information/tutorials.